Hello chewy chewy friends! We are baaaack after a short hiatus! Hehe. Earlier this year, The Chewys went for our very first family staycation of 2017 at Swissotel Merchant Court! Now that we are a family of four, spacious rooms, children-friendly amenities and convenient location are one of our top priorities when we are planning a staycation. Our experience with another relatively new hotel late last year wasn’t such a pleasant one because they do not provide baby bath tubs.
Swissotel Merchant Court is a luxury hotel ideally located by Clarke Quay, within walking distance of the shopping malls and numerous F&B establishments at Clarke Quay. It is also close to major places of interest.
We were there on a Saturday and check-in was efficient.
All of us were very excited upon entering the room!
Feels like a home away from home! Our beautifully appointed room was spacious yet cosy, and well-equipped!
The hubby caught sight of the WII games and got very excited!
We were pleasantly surprised to receive a personal handwritten card from the General Manager, along with a platter of fresh fruits. Even the kids got a card from “Uncle” Rainer!
At no extra cost, the Handy Smartphone is available in all rooms for guests to use during their stay at Swissotel Merchant Court. I find that this will be especially useful for overseas travellers.
My favourite TWG tea sachets are complimentary! There were four different types – Japanese Sencha, Morrocan Mint, French Earl Grey and English Breakfast!
Well-stocked mini bar
Oh look what have we got here! A connecting room for the kids! The Swissotel Kids’ Room was equally spacious and age-appropriate amenities can be provided upon request.
Even the kids’ bathroom looks amazing! The cute bathroom amenities will definitely put a smile on anyone’s face!
Apart from the cute stuffed toys on each bed, there were children’s story books, cartoon DVDs, toys, as well as coloring book and pencils! The room is definitely very child-friendly and glasses have been replaced with plastic cups.
Little misschewy was quite occupied for a really long time and we had difficulty trying to coax her to leave the room during dinner time!
A staycation doesn’t feel complete without a dip in the hotel pool!
When we were there on a Saturday afternoon, the pool was packed with throngs of people! I’m guessing it had something to do with the giant water slide. Haha.
There’s also a baby pool for younger children to waddle about!
Swissotel Merchant Court is running a number of promotions and the Family Fun Escape package is one of them. To sweeten your stay, Swissotel Merchant Court is giving out complimentary tickets to Universal Studios Singapore (USS) with 6 months’ validity. We utilised our tickets during Chinese New Year!
– 50% off 2nd room booked
– Swissotel Kids’ Room set-up and age-appropriate amenities upon request
– 2 Adult and 2 Child USS admission tickets
– Complimentary ice cream during your stay for children 12 and below
– Guaranteed late check-out till 4.00pm
– Buffet breakfast is available at $30 per adult and $15 per child
Terms and Conditions:
– 50% off on a second room applies to the room or suite category of equal or lesser value to the originally booked room
– Advance reservation is required and subject to availability
– Booking is cancellable up to 48 hours prior to arrival
– This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions/vouchers/loyalty programs
– Rates are subject to 17.7% service charge and government tax
-Family amenities and entertainment options are subject to availability
– Connecting room requests are subject to availability
– Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice
Swissotel Merchant Court
20 Merchant Road
Tel: +65 6337 2288
For reservations, call +65 6337 9993 or email email@example.com